The Association shall work with NRA and Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) staff to provide services to a common membership of individuals and clubs and associations throughout the State, to encourage proper organization, operation and administration of member clubs, and to represent individual members who are not affiliated with any club or association.
To work with the entire shooting sports community to assist in the organization and administration effectiveness of all junior and senior clubs through education and training seminars and clinics, and to encourage affiliation with the Association.
- To promote and assist in the activation and chartering of new clubs and associations in all areas, and to provide technical and scientific support and assistance to firearms training centers located within the state.
- To promote the annual sponsorship and execution of local, state, sectional and regional championship competitions, and to promote the National Matches by communicating, cooperating, and coordinating with all of the organizations that comprise the shooting sports.
- To encourage and continuously promote the acceptance of marksmanship as a major scholastic and interscholastic sport in the public and private school systems, at both the collegiate and high school levels, within the State.
- To promote and encourage the sponsorship and execution of competitive leagues, both indoor and outdoor, in every geographical area containing sufficient numbers of clubs to justify such league competition.
- To assist the state board of education, and local school board officials and high school principals in the promotion and execution of interscholastic gallery leagues for juniors.
- To assist, within the capacity of the Association, in all planning, design, construction, and/or acquisition of civilian-owned firearms education centers of all types that can be used to benefit marksmanship programs within the State, to coordinate and encourage the efforts of member clubs and individuals in obtaining the cooperation and assistance of military commanders for use of military firing ranged according to Title 10 of the US Code.
- To encourage support of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) by clubs and individuals throughout the State, and to encourage the enrollment of all qualified clubs with the CMP.
- To solicit the member clubs of this Association to prevent the occurrence or tolerance of unsportsmanlike and/or unlawful behavior within the jurisdiction of this Association, and to promote the highest possible degree of good conduct on the part of its members.
- To act expediently against unsound and unnecessary firearms legislation proposed by any city, county, or legislative body of this state, or by the Congress of these United States of America.
- To establish a training program that promotes the organization and management of a cadre of NRA Certified Instructors who will teach regularly scheduled classes on the safe and responsible use of firearms for hunting, recreation and marksmanship in the State.
- To act always to increase the public sentiment in this State for the encouragement of hunting and marksmanship as a vital increment of the training of our youth as a fundamental arm of national defense.
- To encourage proper training of tournament officials, and to determine the method of selection of marksmanship teams to represent this State in local, state, sectional, regional, and national competitions.
- To promote the conservation and wise utilization of our wildlife and other natural resources, in cooperation with the private and public organizations having similar interests.